We were asked so many times by people wanting to model that we decided to start running some life model training sessions. We held our first session in February 2014 and now that I’ve had a chance to see some of our trainees at work, I’ve got to say it was a huge success!
Many people think that the most daunting part of life/ art modelling is being nude in front of other people, however, there is much more to the job than just taking your clothes off. Most artists are not fazed by seeing a model’s body, we see many bodies every week at life drawing, and as I told my first group of trainees, many artists are more nervous about the model seeing their not so great depiction of the model than the model is about being in front of the class!
Our model training covers all aspects of art modelling including:
• Best practice for Life Models
• Expected working conditions for models
(what you can expect at a place of employment, what you will need to take to a job etc)
• Pay rates and business information
• Types of poses for various times (standard for most life drawing classes)
• Many resources for poses and resources for finding more information about life modelling.
• An opportunity to meet other life drawing class convenors/ artists and models.
Life Model Training is $100 for the 3 hour session which includes an opportunity to pose for artists and other convenors of life drawing classes.
Get access to our Model Training Login with loads of resources for life models.
We run these sessions in a relaxed and friendly setting.
If you are interested in finding out more about our training sessions or would like to book a place, please fill in the contact form below.
Brett Ryan- Haloween 2014